Friday, September 7, 2012

Tricky Interview Questions Pharmaceutical Sales: Question # 2 of 7, How to Identify and Answer


Another one of those pharmaceutical sales interview questions that you may want to "lethal area" are questions that force you to respond to a negative scenario, such as the following:


1. "Why were you fired?"
2. "Why have you received a poor performance rating on your last exam?"
3. "Why were you fired?"
4. "Why have you been without work for so long?"
These questions are actually called "stress" and the questions were designed to make you feel "stuck" - to evoke an emotional response. Do not fall into this trap! Answers to these types of negative questions before the interview, so you'll be able to respond in a confident and straight-forward, without getting emotional.

Employers also ask these types of drugs sales interview questions to determine if you want to "play the blame game" and blame others for your misfortunes. View the inability to take responsibility for actions or decisions not endear you to the interviewer!

As for the pharmaceutical sales interview questions that relate to being cooked or poor performance [Questions # 1 and # 2, above]:

Please note that it is dishonest to keep out some horrible details of your answer. Do not admit to being fired, reprimanded, etc. If the interviewer knows one of these for a fact (fired, fired, reprimanded, poor performance review), then you can respond in an objective manner, as follows: "My manager - nice bit 'in a number of different areas - the company was taking a different direction than I wanted my career to go. " Next, provide a very simple example to illustrate this - choose an example that shows off an ability or quality of your that are necessary for success in pharmaceutical sales jobs! Always remember to keep a positive attitude and goal.

In response to questions regarding the lay off [Question # 3, above]:

Lay off questions are often feared by candidates as well, although they are very easy to answer. The key is to demonstrate its positive performance, separate from the dismissal. For example you could say: "Even if my team was # 2 of 50 in the region, the company has had some financial difficulties and has made the executive decision to end the entire division I was in, along with other 2 'was a difficult decision for you. the company, I hope that you will be able to stand up very soon I will be happy to provide the name and number of my manager, as she will attest to my qualifications and performance at work. . "This response leaves no doubt in the mind of the interviewer for the real reason behind the fire.

In response to the pharmaceutical sales interview question # 4, "Why have you been without work for so long?"

We must remain cool and calm, and never appear needy ... even if this is your first interview in 7 months! Without a cold demeanor, you will never pull out the answer! If you have been unemployed for more than 6 months, surely you know that you have a difficult road before, but this does not mean it is impossible!

In response one might say the following: "My last position has taught me the importance of a good fit between me and the company I work for have to be extremely picky in choosing my next job, because I want the right company ., with the right people and right values. Of course I had offers, but since I spend most of my waking hours at work the next, I want to be sure it's the right move for me, as the company. The next company I chose to work for will be my last, because I want to stay with the company for many years, and work my way up the ladder. So I'm taking my time, research companies and their pipelines, and continuing mesh for my dream job. "The employer does not want to argue with you about this because this is a very rational response that arises in a positive light!

Use these answers as a guide in building your answers are unique to your situation. And remember, pharmaceutical sales interview questions like these are only deadly if you allow them to be deadly. Anticipate interview questions negative, positive feedback, craft and practice of these answers over and over again before the interview for the complete success.

And remember, no pain ... no gain .. throughout the world interviewing!

For more painful and fatal pharmaceutical sales interview questions and answers, be sure to visit our Pharmaceutical Sales Interview Coaching Blog! ......

No comments:

Post a Comment