Monday, July 23, 2012

New Technologies New Emfermedades


New technologies emfermedades

Modern times have come with modern ways of working and modern ways of working these in turn did not come alone on occasions they also come from the hand of modern emfermedades.

About 4 years ago when I tried to start working as a freelance SEO (Search Engine Optimizer) on the internet, I had serious problems in my joints due to repetitive movements and that was how I was diagnosed auto-RSI (Repetitive Strain Injury) or syndrome carpal tunnel, I say that I was diagnosed because self-doctors called my ailments tendinitis and prescribed me anti-inflammatories that were of no avail, finally, in despair at the impossibility of working with the computer I was forced to seek solutions that would allow me to recover with readiness to continue with my work on the internet who exercised at that time from home.

I bought special gloves to immobilize the wrist, I opted to work on foot, bathe with warm salt water, arms and much more, but none seemed to have a real positive effect. Exhausted and depressed while researching on the net a good day I found an interesting application with which I could download a trial version, it was a wonderful application called MacBreakZ, the intal her down on my laptop and since then my life changed complete.

The little program in question helps you solve the problem of RSI (Repetitive Strain Injury) proponiendote a series of exercises and a properly scheduled breaks to prevent or cure RSI. I began practicing the exercises suggested by the software religiously, I noticed a huge improvement without doctors or medicine. I was happy to return to work but still sometimes hard for me to stop so often so I started to inquire about other software that allowed me to operate my computer with the voice but it was totally impossible at that time to find something for Macintosh in Spanish so I had to buy a software package at that time only came in English, MacSpeech is a program STT (Speech To Text) very interesting that lets you maneuver the computer with your voice, just as I had to compare English and the work he was doing at that time was in Dutch so I could not get rid of writing, only helped me get rid of repetitive keystrokes causing another series of problems such as fatigue of having to repeat the same phrases and words over and over again, remember that the appetite is fired immediately because I was not used to talking so much during working hours, but the truth is that I was a big help also allowed me to refine my pronunciation a bit English because if not properly pronounce the program ignores you.

You must also read a few stories to familiarize the computer with your voice or it will be also very difficult to understand you even though you try.

Now after 6 years I have ventured to give English classes and I thought this tool can be very useful for my students, because this program allows the creation of user profiles, it seems that this program could test my students their pronunciation.

I have also heard the MacSpeech Web is now available in Spanish but when I can I will update to see how it works in my native language.

With these incidents as experienced warn everyone who works intensively with the computer take into account breaks and ergonomics in the time to work, because if you neglect these aspects can be very costly in the long run.

Some recommendations on ergonomics

Avoid working long hours with your laptop:

The laptop was not designed to spend long hours typing, it is not the most ergonomic, if you look, your head will always be tilted down when working with the laptop and if you get put in a high place to keep your head the angle indicated as your arms will be in a position quite uncomfortable and your men are going to be cramped, this for a long session of work will make your whole body stress and possibly in pain.

Keep your back straight:

It is best to always keep a good position when working, try to keep your back straight in your chair and the soles of your feet on the ground.

Avoid dehydrating drinks:

drinking too much coffee and tea is not recommended when working with the computer too because these are considered dehydrating beverages and if you add to this poor posture contribute to the accumulation of unnecessary stress on your muscles.

Forget forever the famous saying that versa (Slowly but surely), forget or at least not apply it to your computer-related jobs, this is worldly philosophy does not apply to new times and new technologies, when even invented this saying there were no computers and no way of knowing at the time the dangers that may face upon the human body works without pause, try to do a lot of micro-pauses, as many as you as possible to avoid injury.

Try to take into account the above recommendations to keep back the emfermedad and not have to resort to taking medication and in the worst-case surgery.

No comments:

Post a Comment